Providers can use the ACP Tool to document an ACP discussion and key details.
To document a new ACP discussion, confirm or edit the following form fields:
On the breakout form, fill out the discussion details:
- Encounter (defaults to current or most-recent Encounter)
- Provider (defaults to Provider tied to Encounter)
- 15 mins or less (not billable)
- 16-45 mins (CPT code 99497)
- 46 mins or greater (CPT codes 99497 + 99498)
- Reason for Discussion (defaults to Annual)
- Additional Notes
Once you confirm the form fields, click the blue "Save Discussion" below.
Upon successful completion, a green confirmation screen will inform you of the steps taken within the patient chart in athenaClinicals.
The Additional Notes section can be populated in the following ways:
- Enter free text
- Use your athenaClinicals macros (type "." to bring up menu of macros)
- Take actions within the ACP Tool (i.e. review completed Advance Directives or create new Advance Directives)
- Use a Guided Conversation (see next article)